BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team dropped a tight nonconference match to Bluefield State College on Friday night. The Tornado tried to comeback in singles play, but the Big Blues held on for the 5-4 victory.
FINAL SCORE: Bluefield State 5, King 4
LOCATION: Ida Jones Tennis Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 5-9; Bluefield State 11-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado No. doubles tandem of Moritz Poswiat and Lennard Neumann got King on the board with an 8-6 victory over Alexandr Rudenco and Luca Ockernahl.
- However, Bluefield State won the final two doubles matches, taking a 2-1 lead.
- Poswiat took his No. 1 singles match over Platon Gud 7-6 (7-4), 6-3.
- However, the Big Blues won the next three singles matches to clinch the dual.
- King's Lenny Keswani and Charles Jabaley both earned come-from-behind wins at No. 2 and No. 6 singles, respectively.
- Keswani defeated Anthony Braem 5-7, 7-5, 10-6 while Jabaley defeated Guillermo Lopez 6-7 (7-9), 6-4, 10-6, making the final score 5-4.
- King hosts Lees-McRae College on Senior Day on Saturday at 12:00 p.m. on campus.
- Bluefield State travels to Tusculum College on Saturday.