MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. – The King University men's tennis competed against Mount Olive University on Sunday afternoon. The Tornado fell behind 2-1 after doubles, later tying the match 2-2 and 3-3 in singles but fell to the Trojans 5-4.
FINAL SCORE: Mount Olive 5, King 4
LOCATION: John Neal Walker Tennis Center; Mount Olive, N.C.
RECORDS: King 5-8, 3-5 Conference Carolinas; Mount Olive 11-3, 7-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado dropped the first two flights in doubles to the Trojans but won the No. 3 doubles when the duo of Arturo Alfaro and Lenny Keswani defeated Jacob Clarke and Juan Arbelaez 8-4.
- At No. 1 singles Moritz Poswiat defeated Ogulcan Deniz 6-1, 6-4, 7-6 winning the first and third sets to tie the overall match at 2-2.
- Mount Olive won at the second flight, then at No. 3 singles, Lennard Neumann won 6-2, 6-2 over Martin Moser to tie the match at 3-3.
- The Trojans took the next two singles matches at fourth and fifth flight, then at No. 6 singles, Charles Jabaley defeated Jacob Clarke to make the final score 5-4 Trojans.
- King next hosts Bluefield State College on Friday at 6:00 p.m.
- Mount Olive stays at home to host Barton on Tuesday.