WILSON, N.C. – The King University men's tennis team took the lead at Barton College early in the Conference Carolinas dual on Saturday. However, the Bulldogs took five of the six singles matches for the 6-3 victory.
FINAL SCORE: Barton 6, King 3
LOCATION: Barton Tennis Complex; Wilson, N.C.
RECORDS: King 5-7, 3-4 Conference Carolinas; Barton 10-5, 6-2 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton started the match with an 8-1 victory at No. 2 doubles, but King bounced back with victories in the other two doubles matches.
- The duo of Arturo Alfaro and Lenny Keswani defeated Ermanno Galimberti and Rory Gaydon 8-4 at No. 3 doubles.
- Lennard Neumann and Moritz Poswiat put King ahead with an 8-5 victory over Julian Bosch and Jesus Gil at the top flight.
- Poswiat earned a three set victory over Bosch at No. 1 singles. Poswiat took the first set 7-5 before falling 6-1 in the second set. He rebounded for a 7-5 third set victory to take the match.
- However, the Bulldogs took the final three matches to take the dual 6-3.
- King stays on the road to face the University of Mount Olive on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
- Barton hosts Lees-McRae College on Sunday afternoon.