BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team faced off against Southern Wesleyan University on Saturday afternoon. The Tornado took four straight points in the match to win 6-3.
FINAL SCORE: King 6, Southern Wesleyan 3
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 5-6, 3-3 Conference Carolinas; Southern Wesyelan 5-9, 2-4 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The top flight doubles pair of Moritz Poswiat and Lennard Neumann won 8-4 over Keegan Barkley and Stan Grzesio to take the early advantage.
- King fell in No. 2 doubles but came back with a victory in the third flight. The duo of Charles Jabaley and Arturo Alfaro defeated Urs Widow and Harry Reed by a score of 8-3, the Tornado taking a 2-1 lead heading into singles.
- After the Warriors knotted the score at 2-2, Lenny Keswani at No. 2 singles won the match over Widow 6-4, 6-4.
- At the third flight, Neumann defeated Daniel Bolivar 6-3, 7-5.
- Alejandro Feliciano helped King extend the lead to 5-2, winning the match over Stan Grzesio 6-0, 6-2 in No. 4 singles.
- The Tornado won their fourth straight match point in singles when No. 5 Alfaro defeated Keegan Barkley 6-2, 6-2, King taking the overall match 6-3.
- King goes on the road to play Barton College on Friday. The match is scheduled to begin at 2:00 p.m.
- The Warriors stay on the road to face Pfeiffer University on Friday.