BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team faced off against Belmont Abbey College on Friday afternoon. The Tornado took the lead early 1-0, but fell 7-2 in the match overall.
FINAL SCORE: Belmont Abbey 7, King 2
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 3-5, 1-3 Conference Carolinas; Belmont Abbey 11-6, 2-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The tandem of Moritz Poswiat and Lennard Neumann took the early lead 1-0 in No. 1 doubles with an 8-3 victory over Juan Baez and James Delaney.
- King went on to fall in No. 2 doubles 8-4 and narrowly lost 8-7 in No. 3 doubles with Kyle Logue and Charles Jabaley competing for the Tornado against Jacob Andress and Michael Rapsik.
- At No. 1 singles, Poswiat defeated Juan Baez with a 6-3, 6-2 set win to even the score at 2-2.
- Neumann played against Grant Goldin at the second flight, losing the first set 6-2, winning the second set 6-2, and falling in the last set 10-3.
- The Crusaders took the next three matches, and in the No. 6 singles match, Jabaley narrowly lost 7-6, 6-4, leading to Belmont Abbey winning the match 7-2.
- King will stay at home tomorrow to take on Pfeiffer University at 1:00 p.m.
- Belmont Abbey next plays on the road to face Lees-McRae.