FRANKLIN SPRINGS, Ga. – The King University men's tennis team competed against Conference Carolinas opponent Emmanuel College on Saturday. After falling behind 2-1 in doubles, the Tornado won five out of the six singles matches to take the victory 6-3.
FINAL SCORE: King 6, Emmanuel 3
LOCATION: Emmanuel Tennis Courts; Franklin Springs, Ga.
RECORDS: King 3-4, 1-2 Conference Carolinas; Emmanuel 3-12, 1-3 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The duo of Moritz Poswiat and Lennard Neumann in doubles won 8-1 against Braden Anglin and Lucas Pereira in the top flight.
- King dropped the second and third flights, Emmanuel grabbing a 2-1 lead heading into the singles matches.
- Poswiat at No. 1 singles beat Juan Carlos Romero in straight sets 6-1, 6-1.
- At the No. 3 singles, Lenny Keswani took the match 6-3, 6-1.
- Alejandro Feliciano followed with a 7-5, 7-5 victory over Enrique Alcacer at No. 4 singles.
- In the No. 5 singles slot, Arturo Alfaro defeated Guillaume Watteuw 7-6, 6-2.
- The final match of the day at No. 6 singles, Charles Jabaley won 7-5, 5-0, helping the Tornado take an overall match victory of 6-3.
- King will be in action again on Friday when they host Belmont Abbey College. The Conference Carolinas dual is slated for 1:00 p.m.
- Emmanuel next goes on the road to play Lander University on Thursday.