GAFFNEY, S.C. – The King University men's tennis team faced off against Limestone College on Thursday afternoon. King fell 5-4 in a very close match.
FINAL SCORE: Limestone 5, King 4
LOCATION: Emmie Evans Rector Tennis Center; Gaffney, S.C.
RECORDS: King 2-4, 0-2 Conference Carolinas; Erskine 1-4, 1-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In doubles, number one flight partners Moritz Poswiat and Lennard Neumann fell 8-4 against Federico Garnier and Stefano Soares.
- The duo of Alejandro Feliciano and Lenny Keswani just came up short in an 8-6 match in the No. 2 doubles against Guillermo Ortega and Pierluigi Neri.
- King won 8-7 in the third flight, Charles Jabaley and Kyle Logue defeating Luke Stanec and Giacomo Campus.
- In singles, Limestone took the top three single matches to extend their lead to 5-1.
- King made a comeback with Feliciano taking his No. 4 singles match 6-2, 6-3 over Neri.
- Arturo Alfaro then faced Luka Stanec, winning at No. 5 singles 7-6, 6-4
- The final match of the day at No. 6 singles, had Jabaley dropping the first set 3-6, then taking the final two 6-2, 1-0 against Enrique Moreno, the Tornado falling 5-4 overall.
- King will be in action again on Saturday when they travel to Emmanuel College. The Conference Carolinas dual is slated for 1:00 p.m.
- Limestone next goes on the road to play at Pfeiffer on Saturday.