DUE WEST, S.C. – The King University men's tennis team opened their first Conference Carolinas dual of the season by taking two of the three doubles matches. However, Erskine College came back in singles play to take the match 5-4.
FINAL SCORE: Erskine 5, King 4
LOCATION: Sloan-Cox Courts; Due West, S.C.
RECORDS: King 2-2, 0-1 Conference Carolinas; Erskine 1-6, 1-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Moritz Poswiat and Lennard Neumann started King off with an 8-1 victory over Ross Edgar and Andres Argenal at No. 1 doubles.
- Kyle Logue and Charles Jabaley then made it a 2-1 Tornado lead after doubles play with an 8-5 victory over Isaac Gideons and Nikolai Suhr at the third flight.
- In singles play, Alejandro Feliciano took a 6-3, 6-2 victory over Edgar at No. 4 singles and Arturo Alfaro topped Tyler Burgess 6-2, 6-2 at the sixth flight, pulling King within one win over the victory.
- Erskine got took the top two singles flights and No. 5 singles match, evening the score as the team victory came down to Neumann and Suhr at No. 3 singles.
- Suhr took the first set 7-6 (7-5), but Neumann came back with a 6-4 victory in the second set.
- However, Suhr won the final set 6-3, giving Erskine the 5-4 win.
- King will be in action again on March 5 when they travel to Flagler College. The dual is slated to start at 1:00 p.m.
- Erskine takes on Francis Marion University on Saturday.