LYNCHBURG, Va. – The King University men's tennis team started their spring season with an exhibition at Liberty University. The Tornado took a pair of wins, but the Flames took the dual 5-2.
FINAL SCORE: Liberty 5, King 2 (exhibition)
LOCTION: Crosswhite Athletic Club; Lynchburg, Va.
RECORDS: King 2-1; Liberty 1-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The duo of Alejandro Feliciano and Lenny Keswani earned a 6-3 win over Vince Salas and Diego Castano at No. 2 doubles.
- However, the Flames won the other two doubles matches to take the doubles points and 1-0 lead going to singles play.
- In singles play, Lennard Neumann earned a win over Castano in three sets at No. 4 singles. Castano took the first set 6-1, but Neumann came back to take the final two 6-4, 7-5 for the victory.
- At No. 6 singles, Charles Jabaley defeated Ryker Heller in three sets as well. Jabaley took the first set 6-4, before falling 6-0 in the second set. Jabaley then took the final set 10-5.
- King is in action again on February 5 when they travel to take on Wofford College. The match is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m.
- Liberty next takes on James Madison University on February 4.