BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team ended the fall season on the right foot, with a victory. The Tornado earned a 6-3 win over Mars Hill University on Saturday to wrap up the fall portion of their schedule.
FINAL SCORE: King 6, Mars Hill 3
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 2-1, Mars Hill 0-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King started with a 2-1 advantage following doubles play, winning the second and third flights.
- Lenny Keswani and Arturo Alfaro earned an 8-1 win at No. 2 doubles over Carlos Suares Riesco and Blake Covington while Pedro Gomes and Kyle Logue earned an 8-0 victory over Hunter Carlton and Jimmin Schwab at the third flight.
- At No. 1 doubles, King nearly made it a 3-0 advantage, but the Lion duo of Alberto Ortiz and Ben Reid took a 9-8 (7-5) victory over Moritz Poswiat and Lennard Neumann.
- Keswani got the Tornado going in singles play, taking a 6-0, 6-0 victory over Suares Riesco at the top flight.
- Charles Jabaley earned a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Covington at No. 4 singles and Gomes took a 6-1, 6-4 decision over Carlton at No. 5 singles.
- Ankith Madasani made it a 6-3 Tornado victory when the defeated Schwab 6-2, 6-2 at No. 6 singles.
- The match ends the fall season for the Tornado. The will return to action on February 5 when they travel to take on Wofford College.
- Mars Hill takes on Emmanuel College on Thursday.