BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team held their second dual match of the year against Milligan College on Friday afternoon. The Tornado won 3-0 in doubles and 6-0 in singles to win the match 9-0 overall.
FINAL SCORE: King 9, Milligan 0
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-1; Milligan 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The doubles tandem of Moritz Poswiat and Lennard Neumann won 8-0 over Joshua Crain and Joseph Lyttle as the No. 1 doubles to get the Tornado on the board.
- The second flight of Lenny Keswani and Kyle Logue put King up 2-0 with an 8-1 victory over Conly Shults and Griffin Leonard.
- In the final doubles the third flight of Ankith Madasani and Arturo Alfaro extended the lead to 3-0 with an 8-2 win over Will Blackmarr and Logan Burns.
- In singles play, Poswiat defeated Crain at the top flight. Poswait took the first and second set 6-0.
- The next singles featured Neumann who defeated Lyttle in the second flight. Neumann, like, Poswiat swept the first two sets 6-0.
- The No. 3 singles of Keswani vs. Leonard again gained another victory for the Tornado. Keswani won the first and second set 6-1.
- King put Alfaro in the No. 4 singles against Blackmarr. Alfaro won in straight sets 6-2, to get the victory.
- In the fifth flight, Madasani won against Conly Shults. The victory came from a 6-1 win in the first set, and a 6-2 win in the second.
- The final match of the day was the No. 6 singles between Pedro Gomes and Logan Burns. The Tornado again won in straight sets, 6-3 and 6-2.
- King will be in action again on Saturday when they host Mars Hill. The dual is scheduled to start at 12:00 p.m.