Streak Ends as Tornado Tennis Downed by UNC-Asheville
ASHEVILLE, N.C. – Men's Tennis saw their 10-match winning streak come to a close on Saturday after losing to Division I opponent University of North Carolina – Asheville. The women's team were downed by the Bulldogs as both teams were shutout at the Asheville Racquet Club Downtown.
The men's team falls to 10-1 after falling short of winning court against the Bulldogs. The Tornado hung in with the school out of the Big South, keeping within three or fewer set points in doubles competition for two of their three sets. The men fall to 10-1 on the season.
The women suffered losses on all courts and fall to 2-9 on the year.
The Tornado will host Mount Olive on Saturday, March 31, at the King College Tennis Complex beginning at 12:00 p.m. The match against the Trojans will begin a stretch of four conference matches in their next five.
Men: UNC Asheville 7, King College 0
1. LANGEARD, Adrien (ASH) def. Avilla, Jose (KING_M) 6-3, 6-2
2. WAISSEN, Matt (ASH) def. Vidal, Pablo (KING_M) 6-1, 6-2
3. BROBECK, Jonas (ASH) def. Villar, Vitor (KING_M) 6-1, 6-4
4. REES, Thomas (ASH) def. Brigato, Leo (KING_M) 6-1, 6-3
5. MATTHEWS, Ryan (ASH) def. Jones, Patrick (KING_M) 6-3, 6-0
6. CONATY, Pete (ASH) def. Hale, Seth (KING_M) 6-4, 6-1
1. WAISSEN, Matt/BROBECK, Jonas (ASH) def. Avilla, Jose/Vidal, Pablo (KING_M) 8-6
2. REES, Thomas/LANGEARD, Adrien (ASH) def. Brigato, Leo/Villar, Vitor (KING_M) 8-5
3. SCHUBEL, John/CONATY, Pete (ASH) def. Jones, Patrick/Hale, Seth (KING_M) 8-3
UNC Asheville 6, King College (W) 0
1. MCNALL, Emily (ASHW) def. Karissa King (KING_W) 6-0, 6-0
2. SOLDIER, Amryn (ASHW) def. Sarah Anderson (KING_W) 6-2, 6-0
3. BOISSEVAIN, Christin (ASHW) def. Kayla Ketron (KING_W) 6-2, 6-1
4. DODGE, Jenna (ASHW) def. Eden Sherrod (KING_W) 6-0, 6-1
5. CAVANAUGH, Devon (ASHW) def. Kelsey Copeland (KING_W) 6-0, 6-0
1. BOISSEVAIN, Christin/MCNALL, Emily (ASHW) def. Karissa King/Kayla Ketron (KING_W) 8-0
2. SOLDIER, Amryn/DODGE, Jenna (ASHW) def. Sarah Anderson/Eden Sherrod (KING_W) 8-2