CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University men's swimming team competed in the second day of the Fall Frenzy Invitational Saturday night. More school records were broke including great performances by Juan Somoza.
KING RESULTS: 6th of 7
LOCATION: Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Somoza set a new school record in the 400 individual medley with his time of 4:04.59.
- The previous 400 individual medley record was 4:05.70 and was also held by Somoza.
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Cade Martin, Somoza, Tyler Brewster, and Aleksander Stosik set a school record with their time of 1:37.81.
- The previous school record was set exactly one year ago today. The time was 1:38.46 and Somoza and Stosik were both apart of that record.
QUOTE FROM THE COACH
- "Another great night of racing for King Swimming led by Juan Somoza, as he set school records and scored big points. We also had more swimmers doing lifetime best times. Great fight and teamwork on the relays from the team tonight as well" said head coach James Graves.
- King will not be back in action until January 12 when they host Mars Hill and Emory & Henry at Virginia High School at 6:00 pm.