FRANKLIN SPRINGS, Ga. – The King University men's opened the season with a solid day at the Emmanuel College meet. The Tornado defeated Bethel University, LaGrange College, and Life University while falling to Point University and Emmanuel.
FINAL SCORE: King 90, Bethel 63; King 92, LaGrange 55; King 98, Life 35; Point 89, King 83 Emmanuel 168, King 30
LOCATION: Franklin Springs, Ga.
RECORDS: King 3-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Cade Martin, Ethan DeRouis, Wayne Bilancione and Zac Stout finished with a time of 1:48.08.
- Juan Somoza finished runner-up in the 1000 yard freestyle with school record a time of 10:19.33. He also took second in the 200 yard individual medley with a time of 1:57.72.
- In the 200 yard freestyle, Aleksander Stosik finished third with a time of 1:49.66. DeRouis finished in 2:02.95 and Biliancione posted a time of 2:10.21.
- Stout and Tyler Brewster finished the 50 yard freestyle in 23.87 and 23.99 seconds, respectively.
- Brewster took a fifth place finish with a 100 yard butterfly time of 59.65 seconds.
- In the 100 yard freestyle, Stout finished fifth with a time of 51.88 seconds and Bilancione finished in 56.01 seconds.
- Stosik finished the 500 yard freestyle in 5:18.24, giving him a fifth place finish.
- DeRouis came in with a 100 yard breaststroke time of 1:13.04.
- The Tornado group of Stosik, Brewster, Martin and Somoza finished the 200 yard freestyle relay with a time of 1:31.09.
- King next travels to Mars Hill University on Friday at 6:00 p.m. before hosting Milligan College on Saturday.