BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's swimming team had their last tune-up for the Appalachian Swimming Conference Championships on Saturday when they traveled to Union College (Ky.). The Tornado set three school records, but Union came away with the 123-120 victory.
FINAL SCORE: Union 123, King 120
LOCATION: Barbourville, Ky.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 100 yard backstroke, Tanner Espersen posted a new school record of 53.53 seconds.
- Juan Somoza set a school record in the 200 yard butterfly, posting a time of 1:57.61, the first time under two minutes in school history.
- Aleksandar Stosik came away with a school record in the 100 yard butterfly, posting a time of 53.30 seconds. He topped the previous record of 53.59 set in 2009.
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Somoza, Espersen, Stosik and Tyler Brewster came in with a time of 1:38.61, less than 0.2 seconds off of the school record time.
- Espersen also set a personal record in the 200 yard breaststroke with a time of 2:12.45.
- In the 500 yard freestyle, Ethan DeRouis posted a personal record time of 5:35.28.
- Along with Stosik in the 100 yard butterfly, Brewster posted a personal record with a time of 55.80 seconds.
- King next competes at the AAC Championships on February 8-11 in Christiansburg, Va.