BRISTOL, Va. – The King University men's swimming team squared off against Mars Hill University on Friday night. In the first meet in two months, the Tornado fell to the Lions 116-86.
FINAL SCORE: Mars Hill 116, King 86
LOCATION: Bristol, Va.
RECORDS: King 1-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 200 yard medley relay King finished second in a time of 1:51.23 seconds.
- Austin Jameson finished the 1000 yard freestyle event in a time of 12:16.07 seconds.
- Trey Doss placed first in the 200 yard freestyle with a time of 1:51.14 seconds.
- In the 50 yard freestyle event, Stosik Alexander swam in a time of 23.00 to finish first.
- Juan Somoza placed first in the 200 individual medley with a time of 2:00.31 seconds and Tanner Espersen swam in a time of 2:04.74 seconds to place second.
- In the 100 yard freestyle event, Wayne Bilancione placed fourth with a time of 1:03.80 seconds.
- Stosik, in the 100 yard freestyle, finished in a time of 50.19, placing first. Zac Stout finished with a time of 52.74 seconds, placing third.
- In the 100 yard backstroke, Somoza swam in a time of 55.14 seconds, finishing in first place.
- Jameson placed fourth in the 500 yard freestyle event with a time of 5:55.15 seconds.
- In the 100 yard breaststroke Espersen placed in second place with a time of 1:03.21 seconds.
- The Tornado swam the 800 yard freestyle relay in a time of 7:33.80 seconds.
- King will be in action again on January 28 when they swim at Emory & Henry College in Emory, Virginia. The meet is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m.