JEFFERSON CITY, TENN. – The King University men's swimming team returned to the pool on Friday at Carson-Newman University. Juan Somoza set a school record in the 200 yard individual medley but the Tornado fell to the Eagle's 166-39.
FINAL SCORE: Carson-Newman 166, King 39
LOCATION: Jefferson City, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 200 yard individual medley, Somoza finished second and posted a time of 1:58.94 seconds, breaking his own school record of 2:00.75 seconds.
- Trey Doss set a personal record in the 200 yard freestyle, finishing with a time of 1:54.89 seconds, breaking his previous record of 1:55.61 seconds, placing fourth.
- In the 200 yard freestyle event, Ethan DeRouis posted a time of 2:00.78 seconds, shattering his previous record of 2:04.21 seconds.
- Wayne Bilancione in the 100 yard butterfly event, finished with a time of 1:01.61 seconds, breaking his previous record of 1:02.36 seconds.
- In the 100 yard freestyle, Zac Stout set a personal record with a time of 51.61 seconds, beating his previous record of 52.27 seconds.
- Lucas Marodin finished with a time of 1:14.24 seconds in the 100 yard breaststroke, breaking his previous record of 1:14.73 seconds.
- King will be in action again on November 18-19 when they travel to Gainsville, Ga. to swim at the Brenau Invitational.