SEWANEE, Tenn. – The King University men's swimming team had a record breaking day at the Sewanee Invitational. The Tornado set a school record in the 100 yard freestyle and Juan Somoza set three school records in the individual medley events. Somoza also won the 200 yard backstroke as well.
LOCATION: Sewanee, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The relay team of Tyler Brewster, Zac Stout, Trey Doss, and Aleksandar Stosik finished second in the 100 yard freestyle relay and posted a time of 42.56 seconds, breaking the previous school's record of 42.91 seconds.
- Somoza in the 100 Individual Medley finished second with a time of 54.61 seconds, beating the previous school record of 57.71 seconds.
- In the 200 yard individual medley, Somoza finished second, posting a time of 2:00.75, bettering the previous record of 2:02.82. He also broke a school record in the 400 individual medley, finishing second again with a time of 4:23.96, shattering the previous school record of 4:35.13.
- Somoza won the 200 yard backstroke with a time of 1:58.98.
- King will be in action again on November 4 when they travel to take on Carson-Newman University at 6:00 p.m.