MARS HILL, N.C. – The King University men's swimming team opened their season on Sunday at Mars Hill and the Tornado fell 192-60. Tanner Espersen led the way for the Tornado, coming within 0.01 of a school record in the 100 yard individual medley.
FINAL SCORE: Mars Hill 192, King 60
LOCATION: Mars Hill, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 100 yard individual medley, Espersen posted a time of 57.72 seconds, which was just shy of the school record of 57.71 seconds.
- Espersen also won the 50 yard backstroke with a time of 26.68 seconds.
- Also in the 50 yard backstroke, Tyler Brewster finished with a time of 29.23 seconds.
- In the 100 yard butterfly, Wayne Bilancione finished with a time of 1:02.36.
- Trey Doss turned in a solid effort in the 200 yard freestyle, finishing with a time of 1:56.08.
- In the 50 yard freestyle, Aleksandar Stosik nearly came away with a win, finishing second with a time of 22.55 seconds, only 0.04 seconds off the first place time.
- Also in the 50 yard freestyle, Zac Stout finished with a time of 23.77 seconds, taking fifth.
- Stosik later finished second again, this time in the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 49.94 seconds.
- In the 50 yard butterfly, Stosik finished second with a time of 25.39 seconds and Brester took third at 25.80 seconds.
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Stosik, Espersen, Bilancione and Stout finished third with a time of 1:43.98.
- King will be in action again on October 14 when they travel to take on Milligan College at 4:00 p.m.