BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's soccer team faced off against Erskine College in a Conference Carolinas showdown. On a cool afternoon, Eli Carrasco gave the King all the offense they needed to win 1-0.
FINAL SCORE: King 1, Erskine 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 6-9, 4-4 Conference Carolinas; Erskine 7-7, 5-3 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Going into halftime, the Tornado were locked in a scoreless game. King had five saves in the first half and Erskine had two.
- The Tornado had great shots in the second half, including Ryan Murphy and Carrasco hitting the crossbar. Luis Calderon hit the crossbar as well in the 73rd minute.
- Carrasco got one to find the net in the 75th minute. Murphy hit the post and Carrasco shot it off from the middle of the box, finishing into the lower left net.
- King had two corner kicks on the day, compared to the Flying Feet who had seven.
- The Tornado had 17 shot in the game, placing four on frame.
- Kari Sveinsson had five saves on the day for the Tornado.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Carrasco's game winning goal was his second of the season.
FOR THE FOES
- Erskine had 17 total shots in the game, placing six on frame.
- Martin Arias posted three saves for the Flying Feet.
- King next goes on the road to face Lees-McRae on Wednesday in Banner Elk, N.C. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 pm.
- Erskine hosts Emmanuel College on Tuesday.