BRISTOL, Tenn. – On a cool night, the King University men's soccer team squared off against Pfeiffer University in a Conference Carolina's contest. The Falcons put on a late surge, scoring three goals in the contest to win 5-0.
FINAL SCORE: Pfeiffer 5, King 0
LOCATION: N.E. Lefko Field; Misenheimer, N.C.
RECORDS: King 5-8, 3-3 Conference Carolinas; Pfeiffer 11-2, 7-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The #20 ranked Pfeiffer scored right out of the gates in the sixth minute. Martin Galvao sent a cross to Juan Sanchez who finished it into the net.
- Pfeiffer's next goal came in the 42nd minute when Roberto Soares sent a shot that curved into the upper left hand side of the goal.
- The Falcon's didn't score until the second half when Santi Moar found Jaime Siaj who finished it off into the net in the 54th minute.
- In the 64th minute, Siaj scored again on an assist from Martim Galvao. Galvao sent a cross to Siaj who then sent a shot into the goal.
- The final goal of the came again in the 66th minute when Moar sent a cross from the top left box to Siaj who then sent a shot by the goalkeeper into the lower middle net.
- Karl Sveinnson had seven saves for the Tornado.
FOR THE FOES
- Pfeiffer took 29 shots, placing 13 on frame.
- The Falcons also had six corner kicks.
- Siaj's hat trick was his first goals of the year.
- King is in action again on Wednesday when they host Southern Wesyelan. Kickoff is slated for 1:00 pm.
- Pfeiffer next play when they host USC Aiken on Wednesday.