GAFFNEY, S.C. – The King University men's soccer team squared off against #13 Limestone College in a Conference Carolina's nightcap. The Tornado had some chances to cut into the lead early in the first half and late in the second half, but the Saints prevailed for a 4-0 victory.
FINAL SCORE: #13 Limestone 4, King 0
LOCATION: Saints Field; Gaffney, S.C.
RECORDS: King 5-7, 3-2 Conference Carolinas; Limestone 10-1, 7-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Saints high powered offense struck in the 14th minute when Louis Robles scored his fifth goal of the season. Nestor Aguilar stole a pass from King and passed to the high left box where Robles shot underneath the goalkeeper.
- Limestone scored in the 55th minute when Vebjoern Olstad had a free kick from 30 yards out finding Mats Kaiser who headed the ball into the high upper middle net.
- Limestone's third goal of the game came in the 65th minute when Kaiser and Robles combined to find Olstad deep inside the box and was then finished into the open net.
- The final goal of the game came in the 66th minute when Connor Young dribbled down the field splitting the defense, and scoring in the lower right hand corner.
- King's best opportunity to score came in the 86th minute when Eli Carrasco hit the crossbar.
- Kari Sveinsson had 5 saves in the game for the Tornado.
FOR THE FOES
- The Saints took 12 shots in the contest, placing 11 on frame.
- Limestone also had six corner kicks.
- King is in action again on Saturday when they play on the road against #20 ranked Pfeiffer in Misenheimer, N.C. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
- Limestone stays at home to play Clayton State on Saturday.