GREENEVILLE, Tenn. – In what was another high scoring affair, the King University men's soccer dropped a 4-2 decision at Tusculum College on Saturday night. Nick Boegemann and Luis Calderon accounted for the Tornado goals, but the Pioneer offense was too much for the Tornado.
FINAL SCORE: Tusculum 4, King 2
LOCATION: Pioneer Field; Greeneville, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 0-2; Tusculum 1-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King goalkeeper Kari Sveinsson stymied a Tusculum scoring chance in the third minute when he came up with a save, giving the Tornado offense a chance to strike.
- Nick Boegemann put the Tornado ahead in the 19th minute when he deflected a pass from Ryan Murphy inside the far post.
- The Pioneers answered in the 28th minute when Andre De Giorgi scored on a penalty kick to even the tally.
- Tusculum took the lead in the 39th minute when De Giorgi headed a cross from Dallas Dunn into the back of the net.
- The score remained the same at halftime and through most of the second half until the Pioneers got back on the scoreboard in the 73rd minute.
- Dunn took a long pass from Isai Hernandez and beat the keeper to the left side.
- Calderon was quick to answer for the Tornado, heading in a loose ball in front of the net, cutting the Tornado deficit to 3-2 in the 76th minute.
- However, the Pioneers answered in the 78th minute when Andreas Kvam ripped a shot off the crossbar and in after taking a pass from Georgis Charkoutsakis.
- The Tornado took a couple shots down the stretch, but couldn't find the back of the net as Tusculum took the contest 4-2.
- King ripped seven shots in the game, putting two on goal.
- Sveinsson came up with seven saves for the Tornado.
FOR THE FOES
- Tusculum placed 11 of their 14 shots on frame.
- King returns home to face Mars Hill University on Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. at Parks Field.