GOLDSBORO, N.C. – The King University men's golf team concluded their regular season with a seventh place finish at The Trojan, shooting 907 in the three round tournament. Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite led the way, posting his first career top-10 finish, taking ninth.
KING RESULTS: King 7th of 12 (907)
LOCATION: Walnut Creek Country Club; Goldsboro, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 7021 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sripatrprasite started the tournament with his career low round of three-under 69 on Monday. He followed that with a 79 in the second round before carding a one-over 73 in Tuesday's final round to finish with a total of 221, taking ninth.
- Robert Wilkinson came in next, shooting 228 in the tournament. He carded a 78 in the opening round before shooting 75 in each of the final two rounds.
- Not far behind was Matthew Dalrymple who carded an 75 in the opening round and followed that with 78 in the final two rounds for a total of 231.
- Miles Ruff ended his tournament with a score of 233. He posted a score of 80 in the first round before shooting 74 in the second round and 79 in the third round.
- Rounding out the squad was Wataru Koguchi who carded a 240. He shot 84 in the opening round before shooting one-over 73 in the second round and closing with an 83.
- Playing as an individual, Kesley March shot 251 in the tournament, starting with an 82 in the opening round. He followed that with an 86 in the second round and an 83 in the final round.
FOR THE FOES
- The University of Mount Olive won the event, shooting 884 while Newberry College finished second at 891.
- Individually it was Nick Stafford of Belmont Abbey College that won the even with a score of four-under 212.
- King will be in action again on March 23-25 at the Conference Carolinas Championship held at Cutter Creek Country Club in Snow Hill, N.C.