BRISTOL, Tenn. – In their final regular season tournament, the King University men's golf team is in fourth place after shooting 302 in the first round of the Trojan. Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite leads the tournament and is one of five players under par, shooting three-under in the opening round.
KING RESULTS: 4th of 12 (302)
LOCATION: Walnut Creek Country Club; Goldsboro, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 7021 yards'
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sripatrprasite matched his career low round, carding a 69 to lead the tournament by two strokes going into the second round.
- Matthew Dalrymple is in 12th after shooting a 75 in the opening round.
- Coming in next was Robert Wilkinson who shot 78 in the first round and Miles Ruff carded an 80 on Monday.
- Wataru Koguchi rounded out the team for the Tornado with an 84 in the opening round.
- Playing as an individual, Kesley March shot 82 on Monday.
FOR THE FOES
- The University of Mount Olive leads the tournament with a score of 290 while Newberry College is second at 298.
- Brevard College is third at 301 while King is tied with Belmont Abbey College at 302.
- Sripatrprasite is atop the individual leaderboard, ahead of five individuals that shot 71.
- The tournament concludes with the final round on Tuesday.