TRAVELERS REST, S.C. – The King University men's golf team started the Southern Tide Classic with an opening round of 311 before following it with 302 in the second round. Going into Tuesday's final round, the Tornado are in ninth place with a total of 613.
KING RESULTS: 9th of 13 (613)
LOCATION: Green Valley Country Club; Travelers Rest, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6952 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite led the way for the Tornado, shooting 76 in the opening round and 73 in the second round for a total of 149.
- Coming in next was Robert Wilkinson with a total of 150, improving on his first round of 79 with a one-under 71 in the second round.
- Matthew Dalrymple finished the day with a total of 154, shooting 76 in the opening round and 78 in the second round.
- Miles Ruff was consistent for the Tornado, carding an 80 in each of the first two rounds, ending with a total of 160.
- Rounding out the squad was Wataru Koguchi who carded a 166 as she shot 84 in the first round and 82 in the second round.
- Playing as an individual, Kesley March shot 148 after shooting 75 in the opening round and 73 in the second round.
FOR THE FOES
- Limestone College leads the event, shooting 582 in the first two rounds.
- Barton College and Queens University (N.C.) are in second at 588.
- Scott Pachacek of Queens is on top of the individual leaderboard with a total of 141, shooting 71 in the first round and two-under 70 in the second round.
- The tournament concludes with the third and final round on Tuesday.