FLEMING ISLAND, Fla. – The King University men's golf team improved in all three rounds of their spring opener, the Spring Kickoff Intercollegiate. The Tornado shot 301 in the final round to finish with a three round total of 919, taking 12th.
KING RESULTS: 12th/15 (919)
LOCATION: The Golf Club of Fleming Island; Fleming Island, Fla.
COURSE DETAILS: 6780 yards; par 71
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Leading the way in the tournament for the Tornado was Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite who carded a 78 in the final round, ending the tournament in 28th place with a total of 224.
- Robert Wilkinson improved each round, carding a one-over 72 in the final round, finishing with a total of 228.
- Coming in next with his low round of the tournament, 77, was Matthew Dalrymple who finished with a three-round total of 237.
- Wataru Koguchi wasn't far behind with a stroke total of 239 with a third round score of 74.
- Mathias Bunaes rounded out the squad, shooting 86 in the final round for a total of 243.
FOR THE FOES
- Lincoln Memorial University won the tournament with a total of 865 and Young Harris College came in next at 868.
- Nick Stafford of Belmont Abbey College won the individual title with a total of 208.
- King will be in action again on March 6-7 at the Southern Tide Classic in Greenville, S.C.