FLEMING ISLAND, Fla. – The King University men's golf team opened their spring schedule with a pair of rounds at the Spring Kickoff Intercollegiate. The Tornado shot 311 in the first round and 307 in the second round for a total of 618. King is in 12th place going into the final round on Tuesday.
KING RESULTS: 12th/15 (618)
LOCATION: The Golf Club at Fleming Island; Fleming Island, Fla.
COURSE DETAILS: 6780 yards; par 71
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite led the way for the Tornado, as he is in 13th place with a two-round total of 146. He carded 74 in the opening round and followed it with a one-over 72 in the second round.
- Coming in next was Robert Wilkinson who improved on an 80 in the opening round with a 76 in the second round for a total of 156.
- Mathias Bunaes was consistent on the day, opening with a 79 and following it with a 78 to finish with a total of 158.
- Matthew Dalrymple carded an opening round of 78 and followed it with a second-round score of 82 for a stroke total of 160.
- Rounding out the squad was Wataru Koguchi who shot 84 in the first round and followed it with an 81 in the second round for a total of 165.
FOR THE FOES
- Flagler College and Lincoln Memorial are on top of the leaderboard with totals of 576.
- Belmont Abbey College's Nick Stafford leads the individuals with a stroke total of five-under 137.
- The tournament concludes with the final round on Tuesday.