KILLEN, Ala. – The King University men's golf team played at the TVA Credit Union Classic on Monday and Tuesday, posting an overall finish in eighth place with a three round score of 900. Robert Wilkinson had the highest finish for the Tornado, shooting 224, including the low round of his career.
KING RESULTS: 8th of 14 (900)
LOCATION: Turtle Point Yacht and Country Club; Killen, Ala.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 7133 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilkinson shot a 2 under 70 in round three and 224 score overall, leading to the top 25 finish. This came after he shot a 78 and 76 in the first two rounds.
- Matthew Dalrymple shot one-under 71 in round two, and finished with a score of 225 for the tournament. He shot a 78 in round one and a 76 in round three.
- Coming in next was Kesley March whose lowest round of the tournament was in round two when he shot a 2 over 74. March finished with a total score of 230. He also shot 76 in round one as well as an 80 in round three.
- Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite lowest round of the tournament came in round three when he shot a 74, finishing with a total score of 232. In the first two rounds he shot an 83 and 75, respectively.
- Rounding out the team was Miles Ruff who finished with a 233 total score. Ruff's lowest rounds were in one and three when he shot a 76. He also carded an 81 in round two.
FOR THE FOES
- University North Alabama won the tournament, shooting an 854 while Columbus State University was second at 865.
- Limestone College had the highest finish in Conference Carolinas placing sixth, posting a score of 893. Montevallo University finished seventh shooting an 896, and King finished in 8th carding a 900.
- Individually, Forrest Knight of North Alabama finished first in the tournament with an 11-under 205, while Gideon van der Vyer of Columbus State placed second with a 5 under 211.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Dalrymple's second round 71 was the lowest of his career.
- King will be in action again on February 13-14 at The Spring Kickoff at Fleming Island Golf Course in Jacksonville, Florida.