BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's golf team opened the King University Invitational on Monday, and they currently in fifth place. Matthew Dalrymple and Miles Ruff had solid performances, both turning in scorecoards of 71, leaving them in eighth place.
KING RESULTS: 5th of 8 (293)
LOCATION: Bristol Country Club; Bristol, Tenn.
COURSE DETAILS: par 70, 6434 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dalrymple was two over on the front nine, but shot a one under 34 on the back nine for a total of one over for the day.
- Kesley March shot a 73 and Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite shot a 74.
- Rounding out the A squad was Robert Wilkinson and Wataru Koguchi who shot a 75 and 77, respectively.
- For the B squad Ruff shot a front nine one under 34, and was one over for the round.
- Mathias Bunaes and Thomas Jackson shot a 77 and 78, respectively.
- Rounding out the B squad was Parker Sammons and Noah Harkness who shot a 79 and 82, respectively.
FOR THE FOES
- Pfeiffer University holds the lead shooting a 278. Erskine College is close behind shooting a 284.
- Coming in next was North Greenville University sitting in third with a 285 and Trevecca Nazarene shot a 289, good for fourth.
- King University sits in 5th scoring a 293.
- Individually, Nathan Bull sits in the lead shooting a four under 66.
- The tournament concludes with the second round on Tuesday at the Country Club of Bristol.