HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. – The King University men's golf team opened the Etowah Intercollegiate with a score of 300 and are in fourth place with one round to play. Matthew Dalrymple led the way for the Tornado, coming in 10th with one round to play.
KING RESULTS: King 4th of 9 (300)
LOCATION: Etowah Valley Country Club; Hendersonville, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 6892 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dalrymple continued his consistent play early in the year, carding a one-over 73 in the opening round.
- Kesley March wasn't far behind, carding a 74 which lands him in 11th place.
- Coming in next was Wataru Koguchi who is in 15th place after shooting 75 in the first round.
- Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite was next, shooting 78 and Robert Wilkinson rounded out the team with an 80 in the opening round.
FOR THE FOES
- Tusculum College leads the tournament, shooting 285 while Mars Hill University is second at 289.
- Brevard College came in third at 293 and the Tornado are tied for fourth with Erskine College at 300.
- Individually, Mars Hill's Adam Lumley is atop the leaderboard with a 68 in the first round.
- Cameron Dugger of Tusculum and Luis Vega of Brevard are in second, both shooting 69.
- The tournament concludes with the second round at Etowah Valley Country Club on Tuesday.