KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – Following a first round where the King University men's golf team finished the Kiawah Island Invitational in 11th place with a tournament total of 587. Robert Wilkinson led the Tornado, finishing fifth at carding a 74 in the final round.
KING RESULTS: 11th of 18 (587)
LOCATION: Osprey Point Golf Course; Kiawah Island, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 6902 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilkinson followed his first round of five under where he posted a double eagle and an eagle with a 74 in the second round. He finished the tournament in fifth place with a tournament score of 141.
- Matthew Dalrymple was consistent in his first career tournament, shooting even par 72 in both rounds for a total of 142. That score gave him a 13th place finish.
- Coming in next was Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite who shot 76 in the second round to finish with a tournament score of 148.
- Wataru Koguchi improved on his first round score of 79 to shoot 75 in the second round for a total of 154.
- Rounding out the squad was Miles Ruff who shot 81 in the second for a total of 160.
FOR THE FOES
- Rollins College won the tournament, shooting a tournament total of 569. They were followed by Valdosta State University who shot 572.
- Individually, Cabrick Waters of Limestone College was the individual medalist, shooting 65-72 for a total of 137.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The fifth place finish marks Wilkinson's second top 5 finish of his career. Last season he took second at the King University Invitational,
- King will be in action again on September 19-20 at the Etowah Intercollegiate in Etowah, N.C.