KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – The King University men's golf team opened the season on Monday, and Robert Wilkinson turned in a great round to lead the Tornado. Wilkinson is in second place after shooting five under to lead the Tornado who are in fourth place with a first round score of 290.
KING RESULTS: 4th/18 (290)
LOCATION: Osprey Point Golf Course; Kiawah Island, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilkinson turned in the low round of his career, shooting 67 in the first round, landing him two strokes out of first place after the first round. He started his day with a double eagle on the second hole where he holed out from the fairway on the par five. Later in the round on the 12th hole, Wilkinson made eagle, helping him to a 67.
- Matthew Dalrymple came in next for the Tornado, shooting even par 72 in his first collegiate round.
- Along with Darlymple, Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite shot even par 72, landing the duo in 21st place.
- Miles Ruff and Wataru Koguchi rounded out the squad, both shooting 79 in the first round.
FOR THE FOES
- Limestone College sits atop the leaderboard with a first round score of 280. Valdosta State University came in next at 283 and Armstrong State University is third at 285.
- The Tornado come in next as they are even with Lenoir-Rhyne University and Rollins University at 290.
- Individually, Cabrick Waters of Limestone leads the tournament after shooting seven-under 65 in the opening round.
- The tournament concludes with the second round on Tuesday at Osprey Point Golf Club in Kiawah Island, S.C.