BANNER ELK, N.C. – The King University men's basketball team took on nationally ranked Lincoln Memorial University on Saturday afternoon in the second day of the SAC vs Conference Carolinas Challenge. The #4 ranked Railsplitters proved to be too much offensively as they defeated the Tornado 94-60.
FINAL SCORE: Lincoln Memorial 94, King 60
LOCATION: Williams Gymnasium; Banner Elk, N.C.
RECORDS: King 1-1; Lincoln Memorial 2-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- #4 Lincoln Memorial set the tone early as they posted a 12-0 run that started at the 18 minute mark to take an early 19-6 lead.
- The Railsplitters dominated with the help of hot shooting and stellar defense. They shot 69.7 percent from the field, 57.1 percent from three.
- King struggled in the first half as they posted a 23.3 field goal percentage and shot 23.1 percent from beyond the arc. The Tornado trailed at the half 57-21.
- Mack Owens and Jordan Floyd each posted seven points to lead the Tornado at the break.
- The second half was more of the same as #4 Lincoln Memorial continued to stay hot offensively.
- King fought hard in the second half, however, as they increased their shooting percentage to 37.1 percent and 46.7 percent from three in the second half.
- Je'Don Young played well in the second half as he posted 13 of his 18 points in the second period.
- The Railsplitters were too much for the Tornado as they used a strong offensive performance to defeat King 94-60.
- Young led the Tornado with 18 points, shooting 4-8 from beyond the arc.
- Floyd recorded 15 points and four steals while Owens chipped in nine points and seven rebounds for King.
FOR THE FOES
- Trevon Shaw posted 34 points for the Railsplitters, shooting 10-14 from the three point arc.
- Dorian Pinson recorded a double-double with his 17 point, 11 rebound performance.
- Emmanuel Terry contributed 15 points, nine rebounds in the Railsplitters win.
BEYOND THE BOX
- Desean Enzor tied a career-high with seven rebounds. The last time he posted this mark was on January 6, 2017 against Belmont Abbey College.
- King travels to Lenior-Rhyne Wednesday night for a 7:00 pm start.
- #4 Lincoln Memorial hosts Shorter University on Saturday.