BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's basketball team pushed their winning streak to six games with a Conference Carolinas victory over Limestone College on Saturday afternoon. The Tornado grabbed the lead in the first half and extended it in the second to take the contest 62-40.
FINAL SCORE: King 62, Limestone 40
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 18-5, 13-2 Conference Carolinas, Limestone 9-16, 7-10 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King set the tone early, scoring the game's first eight points, capped by back-to-back triples from C.J. Good and Hunter LeVeau.
- King later scored eight straight points to stretch their lead to 22-7. Jordan Omogbehin started the spurt with a layup and Calvin Walker followed with a jump shot. Derick Pope capped the run with a jump shot in the paint.
- King held their advantage there before James Scales scored the final bucket of the first half with seven seconds left, giving King a 31-17 lead at the break.
- Good started the second half with a three-point basket to extend the Tornado lead.
- Limestone cut their deficit to 41-28 following a 5-0 run, but LeVeau go a steal and fed Good for a fastbreak layup. Pope followed with a steal and a dunk before LeVeau capped the 7-0 spurt with a triple, giving King a 48-28 advantage with 12 minutes remaining.
- King gained their largest lead of the game at 59-31 following a Good layup as the Tornado went on to take the contest 62-40.
- Good led the Tornado with 13 points while Pope followed with 10 points and four rebounds.
- LeVeau followed with six points and Je'Don Young and Drew Standifer chipped in with five.
- Mack Owens snared a team-high nine rebounds to go along with four points.
FOR THE FOES
- Brolin Floyd led Limestone, posting a double-double with 19 points and 14 rebounds.
- King stays home to face Belmont Abbey College on Monday night. Tipoff from the Student Center Complex is slated for 7:00 p.m.
- Limestone hosts Emmanuel on Wednesday night.