MILLIGAN COLLEGE, Tenn. – The King University cycling team finished the Southeastern College Cycling Conference season over the weekend, and had a solid performance at the conference championships. The Tornado finished fifth overall, and were led by Matthew Owen's second place finish in the men's category C omnium and Abby Hobbs' third place finish in the women's category B omnium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Owens finished second in the criterium on Sunday, giving him a second place finish in the omnium.
- On Saturday, Hobbs won the road race and on Sunday she finished third in the criterium to give her a third place finish in the omnium.
- Fausto Crapiz finished fourth in the men's category A road race on Saturday and took 11th in the criterium on Sunday.
- In the men's category D criterium, William Barnes came away with a ninth place finish.
- In the men's category B criterium, Reuben Dupre finished 10th and Eric Hubbs finished 11th.
- Nolan Tankersley narrowly missed the podium in the men's category A criterium, finishing sixth.
- Also in the men's A criterium, Alan Edwards finished 26th and Kyle Ellis finished 28th.
- The men's team time trial group of Tankersley, Crapiz, Edwards, Ellis also finished third.
- King will be in action again on April 27-30 at the USA Cycling Collegiate Road National Championships in Grand Junction, Colo.