Mar 05, 2017
CLEMSON, S.C. – The King University cycling team got their road season started this weekend with a solid showing at the Clemson race. Fausto Crapiz led the way for the Tornado, taking a pair of top 10 finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Crapiz started his weekend with a sixth place finish in the men's category A road race on Saturday before taking third in the criterium on Sunday.
- Also in the men's category A criterium, Alan Edwards finished ninth.
- In the men's category B races, Reuben Dupre finished ninth in the criterium and 27th in the road race.
- Eric Hubbs finished 12 in the men's category B road race.
- Matthew Owen had a solid weekend, taking ninth in the men's category C road race and fourth in the criterium.
- William Barnes finished eighth in the men's category D road race and 13th in the critierium.
- On the women's side, Abby Hobbs finished sixth in the women's category B criterium and 16th in the road race.
- Rebekah Lyndsey took 18th in the women's category B criterium on Sunday.
- King will be in action again on March 18-19 at the Brevard/Warren Wilson race in Asheville, N.C.