BARBOURSVILLE, Ky. – The King University cycling team turned in another good performance in their second race of the year, at Union College (Ky.). Abby Hobbs led the group, winning the women's downhill race, pacing a squad that had nine top 10 finishes.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hobbs capped the weekend with a win in the women's downhill on Sunday, highlighting her weekend. She also finished ninth in the short track race and sixth in the cross country race. Hobbs started the weekend with a fourth place finish in the two cross race.
- Also in the women's cross country race, Jennifer Caicedo finished eighth and Miranda Goodman took ninth. The duo later finished sixth and eighth in the short track race, respectively.
- Goodman capped her weekend with a 10th place finish in the downhill race and took 13th in the two cross race.
- On the men's side, Kyle Ellis finished 23rd in the two cross race and later had mechanical issues in the cross country race, taking 26th. Ellis later capped his weekend with a 14th place finish in the downhill race on Sunday.
- In the men's cross country race, Matthew Owen led the Tornado men with a 12th place finish while Eric Hubbs followed, taking 17th.
- King will be in action again on September 24-25 at the Lees-McRae race in Banner Elk, N.C.