HARROGATE, Tenn. – The King University baseball team traveled to Lincoln Memorial University on Wednesday to finish the suspended game from two weeks ago and take on the Railsplitters in another nonconference tilt. Lincoln Memorial won the suspended game 10-9 in 10 innings before taking the regularly scheduled game 15-0.
FINAL SCORE: Lincoln Memorial 15, King 0
LOCATION: Lamar Hennon Field; Harrogate, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 17-23; Lincoln Memorial 24-16
TIME OF GAME: 3:00
King Starting Lineup
1. Nicolas Keister – CF
2. Anthony Hunt – C
3. Dylan Sligh – DH
4. Cam Haymans – RF
5. Ryan Sattz –1B
6. Braden Cook – 2B
7. Austin Dayton – 3B
8. Marcus Schreiber – LF
9. Ben Donaldson – SS
Starting Pitcher: LHP Miguel Deguzman
Lincoln Memorial Starting Lineup
1. Seth Hunt – 2B
2. Mason Ewers – LF
3. Logan Augustine – CF
4. Russell Clark – DH
5. Timmy Wages – 1B
6. Eric Kalman – 3B
7. Muta Crusoe – RF
8. Tyler Adams – SS
9. Dalton Dedas – C
Starting Pitcher: RHP Derek Traino-Fogleman
- Sattz led the offense, going 2-for-3.
- Zak Kitzmiller, Haymans and Cook also recorded hits for the Tornado.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wages got the Railsplitters on the board early, ripping a three-run home run in the bottom of the first inning.
- The Tornado threatened in the third inning, loading the bases, but King couldn't push a run across.
- Lincoln Memorial tacked on four runs in the bottom of the inning, two on an Adams home run and another on a dropped fly ball.
- King again loaded the bases in the fourth inning, but the Railplitters got out of the jam again, keeping King scoreless.
- The Railsplitters put the contest out of reach in the fourth inning with eight runs on seven hits.
- The frame was highlighted by an Augustine two-run single up the middle.
- King couldn't come back as Lincoln Memorial took the contest 15-0.
FOR THE FOES
- Hunt led the way, going 3-for-3 with two runs scored and one run batted in.
- Wages drove in five, going 2-for-3 with three runs scored.
- Adams scored twice, drove in three and went 2-for-3 in the contest.
- Dedas went 3-for-4 in the contest.
Winning Pitcher: Deguzman (0-0) 2.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO
Losing Pitcher: Trainor-Fogleman (2-0) 3.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 2 SO
- The contest was even at 9-9 following nine innings, see recap here.
- In the 10th, Augustine ripped a home run to right center to give the Railsplitters the lead.
- King couldn't get a rally going in the bottom half as Lincoln Memorial took the game 10-9.
- The Tornado travel to Limestone College for a Conference Carolinas doubleheader at 3:00 p.m. on Friday before wrapping up the series on Saturday at 12:00 p.m.
- Lincoln Memorial hosts Newberry College in a South Atlantic Conference series on Friday and Saturday.