ERIE, Pa. – The King University acrobatics and tumbling team turned in one of the best performances in school history on Saturday at Gannon University. However, the Tornado came up on the short end of a 272.765-268.255 final score as King set a new program record for total score in the meet.
FINAL SCORE: Gannon 272.765, King 268.255
LOCATION: Hammermill Center; Erie, Pa.
RECORDS: King 1-2, 0-2 ECAC; Gannon 3-1, 1-1 ECAC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King started by posting a program-high of 9.30 points in the compulsory event acro heat and followed it with a season-high score of 9.85 in the pyramid heat.
- The Tornado ended the event with 36.80 points, but Gannon outscored King at 37.80.
- King posted a program-high of 29.25 points in the acro event, started with a season-best 9.75 points in heat one.
- The Tornado then matched a program best 9.85 points in heat two and set another season-high in heat three.
- The Golden Knights cored 29.20 in the event and held the lead going into the final event of the first half.
- The Tornado again cut into their deficit, outscoring Gannon 29.25-29.15 in the pyramid event.
- King set a season-high with 9.80 points in heat one and matched a program-best with a score of 9.95 in heat three.
- At the half, Gannon held a 96.15-95.30 lead.
- In the toss event, King posted a program-best score of 28.80, matching their program-high scores in each heat. The Tornado scored 9.55 in heat one, 9.65 in heat two and 9.60 in heat three to outscore Gannon 28.80-28.45 in the event.
- For the second straight meet, King posted a program-best tumbling score. This time, the Tornado posted a score of 54.025, including four program-highs.
- King matched program bests in the duo pass, trio pass and six element pass while setting a program-best in the quad pass.
- However, the Golden Knights scored 56.525 to hold the advantage going into the team event.
- King scored 90.13 in the team event while Gannon scored 91.64 to take the meet 272.765-268.255.
- King hosts their first meet of the season on March 18 when they host Quinnipiac University in an ECAC meet.
- Gannon travels to take on Baylor University on March 26.