EUGENE, Ore. – The King University acrobatics and tumbling team starting their spring break with a solid performance at the University of Oregon where they faced the host Ducks and Adrian College. The Tornado set 10 new program bests as they posted 258.310 points, defeating Adrian's 238.070 points, but falling to Oregon's 282.970 points.
FINAL SCORE: Oregon 282.970; King 258.310; Adrian 238.070
LOCATION: Matthew Knight Arena; Eugene, Ore.
RECORDS: King 2-2; Oregon 4-1; Adrian 0-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King started the meet on a high note, posting a program best 9.45 points in the first heat of the day, the acro heat in the compulsory event.
- The Tornado ended the compulsory event with a score of 36.25 points, trailing Oregon's 38.50 points and leading Adrian's 34.05.
- In the acro event, King posted 9.55 points in the final heat to set a new program best. King ended the even with a total of 28.30 points.
- In the pyramid event, the Tornado set two new program highs with scores of 9.85 and 9.95 in the final two heats, ending with a score of 29.65 points.
- The Tornado set a new program high with 28.30 points in the toss event. On their way to that mark, King posted a program high in the second heat with a score of 9.65.
- King had a great tumbling event, setting three new program highs, which resulted in an event high of 50.450 points. The Tornado set program bests with scores of 8.800 in the duo pass, 8.90 in the aerial pass and 9.70 in the open pass.
- The Tornado closed the meet with a score of 85.36 in the team event to end with a total of 258.310 points.
- King stays on the road to take on Concordia University of Wisconsin on Wednesday night. The meet is scheduled to start at 7:00 p.m. ET.
- Adrian travels to take on Baylor on Monday.
- Oregon hosts Quinnipiac University on Saturday.