BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University acrobatics and tumbling team opened their season with a tri meet in the Student Center Complex, taking a win over Glenville State College and falling to Alderson Broaddus University. Alderson Broaddus scored a meet-high 262.905 points to take two victories while King came in next at 253.740 and Glenville State finished at 243.460.
FINAL SCORE: Alderson Broaddus 262.905, King 253.740, Glenville State 243.460
LOCATION: Student Center Complex, Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-1, Alderson Broaddus 3-0, Glenville State 0-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King set five new heat program highs along with program highs in both the pyramid and toss events.
- The Tornado started with a program best in the compulsories acro heat with a score of 9.25.
- Alderson Broaddus grabbed the lead in the compulsory event, scoring 37.35 points, to King's 36.25 and the Pioneers' 31.60 points.
- The Battlers' lead grew to 1.5 points following the acro event before the Tornado turned in a stellar pyramid event before halftime.
- King set program bests in all three pyramid heats, tallying 9.95 of a possible 10 points in the first heat and followed that with 9.80 points in the second head and 9.75 points in the third heat. In all, King scored a program best 29.50 points in the pyramid event.
- However, King didn't make a dent in the Battler lead as they scored 29.80 points in the pyramid event to enter halftime with 95.40 points. King came next at 93.60 points and Glenville State was at 86.75 points.
- The Tornado set a program best in the second heat of toss with a score of 9.00 points. In the heat King scored 27.50 points to match a program high. However, the Battlers stilled held the lead.
- In the final heat of tumbling, the Tornado posted a program best of 9.650 points, giving King a running total of 169.900 points going into the final event.
- Alderson Broaddus still lead going into the team routine with 174.475 points while Glenville State was at 161.750 points.
- The Battlers finished with the highest total in the team routine with 88.43 points, giving them a total of 262.905.
- King came in next with 83.84 points in the team routine and meet total of 253.74.
- Glenville State tallied 81.71 points in the team routine with 81.71 points, finishing the meet with 243.460 points.
- King returns to action on March 7 when they travel to the University of Oregon to take on Oregon and Adrian College. The tri meet is slated to start at 9:00 p.m. (ET).
- Alderson Broaddus is in action again on Saturday when they host Fairmont State University.
- Glenville State hosts Quinnipiac University on Sunday.